Has your family income been impacted by COVID-19 due to lay-offs, furloughs, or reduced work hours? A new program in Norristown is now available to assist income eligible renters and homeowners.
Mortgage and Utility Assistance
Norristown invites homeowners to apply to the Emergency Mortgage and Utility Assistance Program.
- Total funding cap per family will be $2,000 over a 3-month period
- Includes $1,500 per family for mortgage assistance ($500 monthly) and $500 per family for utility assistance ($166.67 monthly) over a period of 3 months.
- The total budgeted amount for this program is $102,723. It is expected to serve approximately 50 Norristown resident homeowners.
Rent and Utility Assistance
Norristown invites renters to apply to the Emergency Rent and Utility Assistance Program.
- Total funding cap per family will be $1,500 over a 3-month period
- Includes $1,200 per family for mortgage assistance ($400 monthly) and $300 per family for utility assistance ($100 monthly) over a period of 3 months.
- The total budgeted amount for this program is $102,723. It is expected to serve approximately 68 Norristown resident renters.
If you are a Norristown resident, rent or own and occupy a home in Norristown, and your total gross annual household income falls below the income limit for your household size, you may be eligible to participate in the Program.
Applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis. Easily submit your preliminary application here. If you have additional questions or have difficulty in filling out the online pre-application, please contact us at (484) 808-2112 or send an email to NorristownCARES@gmail.com.
Funding for this program is provided by HUD through the CARES ACT.