Is your roof leaking?
Do you need new windows?
Are your heating or electrical systems outdated?
Lehigh County invites homeowners to apply to the County-Wide Housing Rehabilitation Program
Up to $20,000 available as a forgivable loan to eligible households
Eligible uses of the funds include replacement or repair to:
- Plumbing Repairs
- Sanitary Plumbing including Septic
- Weatherization (windows, insulation, etc)
- Water and Sewer Hookups
If you live in Lehigh County, own your home and your total gross annual household income falls below the income limit for your household size, you may be eligible to participate in the Program. (2015 Income Limits)
- There are no monthly payments
- Funds are provided as a no interest (0%) five year depreciating lien on owner occupied properties.
- The lien will be forgiven after five years if the homeowner maintains ownership and occupancy. If the home is sold during this period, the lien is paid off at a prorated amount.
Funds are limited – so don’t wait!
Call Lehigh County Community Development office at 610-782-3565 for more information and an application package. This program only serves those Lehigh County residents living outside the city limits of Allentown and Bethlehem. Residents of those two cities are to contact their city directly.
The Housing Rehabilitation Program is sponsored by the County of Lehigh