Are you in the Freewood Acres Neighborhood?
The Township of Howell invites You to apply to the New Howell Township Emergency Septic to Sewer and Water Main Program.
You can receive up to $10,000 in Assistance
Eligible uses of the funds include:
- Abandonment of current septic system
- Connection to municipal sewer line
- Abandonment of existing water well
- Connection to public water line
- Reseeding and regrading of soil
If you live in Howell’s Freewood Acres Neighborhood, own your home, and your total gross annual household income falls below the income limit for your household size, you may qualify to participate in the Program.
- There is no cost to apply and it does not affect your credit score
- Funds are provided as a no interest (0%) ten year forgivable loan
- There are no monthly payments and the loan is forgiven if the homeowner maintains title and occupancy for a ten year period
- The Township $1,500 sewer connection fee is waived if the work is done within the first year of the official notice to connect
- The MRRSA connection fee can be included in the loan
Let the Township help you via this Program with the Township’s Sanitary Sewer and Water Service Extension Project to improve the health, safety and welfare of the Freewood Acres residents. Don’t wait to apply! The Township has completed the installation of the sewer and water mains and residents can start connecting!
Program is first come, first served for qualified applicants.
Submit an easy one page pre-application from the top bar of this website’s home page. If you have additional questions, please contact the Program Administrator, Community Grants Planning & Housing at 609-664-2783 or email email@example.com.
This Emergency Septic to Sewer and Water Main Program is sponsored by the Township of Howell
Depending on funding availability, the Program, under the municipality’s guidance, has the right to give priority order to low income households and/or actively failing systems.